We have started implementing advanced features that we were planning for later on. The first one displays the number of new posts in the Sites menu as a badge on top of the site icon. The second is if you click on a link in a post and that link points to a valid forum address, then instead of using the internal web browser to view that link, normal bitBulletin display will be used. There are quite a few more new features we will add in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
Here are today's changes which will make it into update 1.2:
- New: Option to reset settings (preferences) to their default settings.
- New: Sites, Tabs and Favorites are sorted by site names now.
- New: If a link is clicked within a post, if it points to a forum, thread or another post, it will go there, not within the internal web browser.
- New: Browsing integration for phpbb v2.x sites.
- New: Integrated web browser toolbar buttons (refresh, back, forward) are enabled/disabled appropriately.
- New: New posts count badge showing in Sites list.
- New: Ability to "View new posts..." only from Sites popup menu.
- New: New option to change font family for posts.
- New: Post's quotes show with nice styled box.
- Fix: In phpbb 3.x, show all threads by default.
- Fix: If no post # is found, the date/time field width will be expanded.
- Fix: Redone css stylesheets internally.
Here is a screen shot for the new posts badge icon in the Sites list.